Peter and Judy Shepard find a board game in their attic, but once they roll the dice, they're transported into the dangerous jungle world of Jumanji with a mysterious clue stating "Clear as ice, but worth the price." There they encounter Van Pelt, the vicious hunter. They are saved by Alan Parish, a jungle-man who has been trapped in Jumanji for 23 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 4 days. When Judy asks about his clue, Alan reveals he never knew there was one which is why he's still trapped: he's unable to solve his clue and free himself. He decides to help Judy and Peter solve their clue hoping it'll free him. In searching for the answer to the clue, Peter finds and solves a puzzle, which allows the three to return to the real world. Peter cheated in solving it, which Jumanji hates, and he transforms into a monkey. Jumanji's inhabitants begin entering their world, so after once again escaping Van Pelt with the help of Tribal Bob and the Manjis, they are able to return the puzzle to the Manjis. Tribal Bob, in return for Peter saving his life and Peter's honesty, completes most of the puzzle then hands it to Peter to finish. With the puzzle and their clue solved, Judy and Peter return home, but Alan is sucked back into the game as he hasn't completed his turn. Judy and Peter decide to help find Alan's clue and free him as he helped them escape. After Peter gets some treats that Alan likes, the two prepare to return to the game with Judy rolling the dice.
References to filmEdit
- Some scenes pay homage to the live-action Jumanji film. Such as the kids moving into the abandoned Parrish Mansion and meeting Alan for the first time after his 20+ years inside the game.
- Peter transforming into a monkey while trying to cheat is taken straight from the live-action film.
- The Stampede wrecking the house and vines appearing that forms the house into a jungle are taken straight from the live-action film.
- Officer Carl Bentley's antics from the film were repeated in the episode such as being blown away when trying to enter the Parrish Mansions and Monkeys stealing his squad car out from under him.
- The Episode was included on the 2018 HMV Jumanji Steelbook, which was deliberately released to coincide with the new Jumanji film. Along with the succeeding episode, the Steelbook included the 1995 Jumanji film, an animated edition of the original Jumanji storybook read by author Chris Van Allsburg and a sneak peek at Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.
|Jumanji: The Series|
|Season 1||"Price" • "Bargaining for Time" • "Masked Identity" • "Ransom of Redhead" • "Master Builder" • "No Dice" • "Love on the Rocks" • "Law of Jumanji" • "Stormy Weather" • "El Pollo Jumanji" • "Perfect Match" • "Gift" • "Truth or Consequently"|
|Season 2||"The Red and the Black" • "Eye of the Sea" • "Brantford: The Game" • "Air Judy" • "The Palace of Clues" • "The Master of the Game" • "Robo-Peter" • "Mud Boy" • "The Magic Chest" • "The Trial" • "The Riddle of Alan" • "Night of the Hunters" • "The Plague"|
|Season 3||"The Three Peters" • "Young Alan" • "The Intruder" • "Oh, Grow Up!" • "Return of Squint" • "Armageddon" • "Love Potion" • "Sorceress of Jumanji" • "The Ultimate Weapon" • "Who Am I?" • "Nothing to Fear" • "The Doll" • "An Old Story" • "Good Bye, Jumanji"|